<body> eat local challenge: Booze report <body>

Friday, August 04, 2006

Booze report

Alright... I've pretty much given up on the beer thing. I might try to make my own but even then it wouldn't be done until Sept.

But there is good news.

It comes in the form of Boyden Valley Winery. Last night I went trolling the Co-op for local wines and there it was: Rhubarb Wine. Yes I know that sounds scary. But it isn't. It's damn tasty like a dry white wine (but not super acidy). It's not a girly sugarfest (and I use girly in the non-gender-specific way here). It's tasty.

I gave the winery a call this morning to ask about their other wines and where the fruit comes from. The helpful woman on the other end of the line said that all of their fruit except blueberries comes from Vermont. They make four reds and two whites in addition to their hooch err fruit wines.

Also, Shelburne Vineyards Arctic White, Riesling Dry, Meach Cove Red, New World Red, Nocturne, Vidal Blanc, and Rhapsody are made from local grapes, some of them organic. Not all the wines listed will be available in August, the Vidal Blanc, for example, is an ice wine.


G-lo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home