<body> eat local challenge: Farm Field Trip <body>

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Farm Field Trip

Today being day two of eating local I made a trip to City Market. In my past I have put deliberate thought into what substances I have put into my body, diary, soy etc. But today while I was searching for my food I actually felt larger connection to Vermont and putting back in the economy/community. Although, this was a wonderful experience the thought of making a field trip to some of the farms still sticks in my mind. I think it would only add enthusiasm to eating all local if I was to able see where my flour and possibly dairy are produced. Anyone who would like to tag along is welcome. Date and farm TBD. ssstacy

2 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger localvores said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous angela said...

stacy,
i totally agree. i've visited gleason grains, met the family, and even had cookies his lovely wife made with their flour. and it really stuck with me. i'd say we really should visit butterworks since so much of our stuff comes from them and they're so diversified. visiting farmers in teh intervale would probably be a snap. and we could always visit shelburne farms--the market garden and/or the dairy and cheesemaking.
awesome,
angela

 

Post a Comment

<< Home