<body> eat local challenge: Some things I'll miss once the challenge is over. <body>

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Some things I'll miss once the challenge is over.

As we grind into the final days of the Eat Local challenge I figured I might make a list of things I'll miss. Sort of the inverse of the "little gripes" we've all been doing/having throughout the challenge. In no particular order:


  1. Some food-centric gathering of friends every every week

  2. Bowden Valley Rhubarb Wine

  3. Mandy's Herbal Tea

  4. Getting really excited to wake up early and drink... peppermint tea at that place in the Old North End

  5. A good excuse to grill every night

  6. Using lots of honey and maple syrup instead of processed sugar

  7. Thinking about cooking again (I haven't been living up to my foodie self for about four years)

  8. That blueberry wine that tastes like a Cabernet

  9. The excitement about finding out some small local producer I hadn't heard about before



How about you? What will you miss?

g-lo

3 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger plentyo'moxie said...

as i am counting down the hours until peanut butter and avocados, i appreciate the tone of this post - but must wonder about a couple of your items - like if you'll miss the tea, why not keep drinking it?

other things i very much understand - i can't keep up such intense and constant food preparation - i need days - sometimes weeks - when i eat take-out pizza and ask no questions. its a matter of time.

but i do find myself picking up more and more year round habits for each challenge

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous mandy aka tony teacup said...

I hope to continue to eat lots of polenta and corn mush from local meal and quick soak beans more often. I hope to remember that you really don't need to eat a banana everyday. I will miss the no refined sugar diet, but let's be real, no sugar? It's just not going to happen. Just today I couldn't resist digging my hand into a bowl of peanut M&Ms at Gardener's Supply!

And I will miss eggs, which I like to eat but from which I will refrain for the sake of my loved ones! The incredible inedible egg?

But I will not miss butter.

As far as tea goes, I drink Mandy blends every damn day, G-Lo. And so can you. Just hire me as your personal tea shopper/blender.
Mandy

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous g-lo said...

Yeah I could and will of course continue some of those things which are in my list. I am thinking today or tomorrow I'll write a post about the eat local things I'm most likely to continue doing (unless some other localvore beats me to it).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home