<body> eat local challenge: Last supper. <body>

Friday, September 01, 2006

Last supper.


A couple days ago I made agnolloti, stuffed them with roasted carrots and stuck them in the freezer. I really like making pasta. It takes maybe 45 minutes or so, makes a bit of a mess. But I like eating pasta so making it is fun. I tend to screw up the first two rows of agnolloti when I make them until I get the hang of it. I make it from Keller's French Laundry cookbook so I don't do the whole "make ravioli and call it agnolloti" thing you see on the interwebs. Of course, I also don't really know what I'm doing so it could all just be crazy.

Anyway...Last night, around 9 or so I took them out.


I wanted to sauce them with this curry emulsion thing from the cookbook. Never really done something like that before so I figured it would be fun. It was. The sauce uses creme fraiche, heavy cream, scallions and curry, and of course a stick of butter.

When the sauce is done it's tossed with the agnolloti and served. Garnished here with chops of scallion that has been blanched in a big pot of water (I forgot to add lots of salt to the water but it still helped the little guys get green).

I got a little sloppy as I was scooching them onto the plate so it's a bit messy, sorry Keller.


Overall it was pretty damn tasty. The curry emulsion was very very subtle; not like take-out Indian food. So the warm curry delish was then contrasted with the clear taste of the roasted carrots in a pleasant and delicate way. Yum. And I still have more agnolloti in my freezer.

g-lo

3 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger greg davis said...

damn that looks tasty.
sorry i couldnt join you for any of the pasta activities.

see ya at the choco-extravaganza tonight!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger localvores said...

Yeah I just did it in a frenzy a couple days back. I'll make it again though and be sure to call you.

Meg has figured that the leftover egg whites can be used in fritatta. Yeeha.

g
lo

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous angela said...

or perhaps angel food cake? but i've yet to find a version that doesn't have a whole lotta sugar. my experiments with honey continue...
that pasta looks and sounds amazing. you've done well for yourself, gahlord.
also thanks for el choco loco hospitality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home